- Since I was using frozen feeder spring I needed a dry out brine so it holds together.
- 2 cups golden sugar, 2 cups demerra sugar, one cup coarse salt and a little bit of garlic powder.
- Put a layer of strips in the bucket then cover with the dry brine then repeat till it is gone.
- After about 5 hours the salt/sugar had dissolved then I mixed in a 250 ml bottle of good maple syrup.
- It was in the brine for 24 hours and came out nice and firm, no droppers for the 24 hour hang.
- It will go into the smoker for a couple pans of cherry and after the smoke it will get a shower of rum, syrup, and honey mix.
Now that is impressive. With a few batches of that beautiful salmon, Christmas shopping is taken care of.